May 29, 2010

Colorado

Jeremy and I are heading to Colorado next week for 5 days and I am so excited! I have never been that far west. I have been doing some research and finding some amazing places for hiking and exploring. One place I cannot wait to visit is the Garden of The Gods in Colorado Springs. (I will be in Colorado Springs for the National Holistic Nurses Association conference). Many of the amazing rock formations in the park are over 300 million years old and have been sculpted throughout the years by erosion. The Garden of the Gods is home to one of the most famous rocks in the country: the Balanced Rock. This huge rock is balanced on a small base layer of mud. You can take a horseback ride through this gorgeous park!! I will be in heaven =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers