Jun 7, 2010

coconut milk



Jeremy and I are loving our Vita Mix machine and make healthy smoothies with it every morning. I recently discovered an ingredient that has taken the smoothie YUM to a whole new level. So Delicious Coconut Milk!!! It's amazing and soooo healthy!! I think I am going to make the switch to coconut milk from rice milk. I love the unsweetened version and picked it up at Kroger last week.

       6 Nutritional Values of Coconut Milk
  1. It is good for the health of your skin and hair. It is widely used as a base in many cosmetic applications and products like hair oil and skin moisturizers. It is an excellent hydrant.
  2. It is rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants help the body to hold against ageing, sagging of the skin, poor vision and low bone density.
  3. Presence of lauric acid in coconut milk renders anti fungal, anti bacterial and anti viral properties to it. The effect is that it is excellent when it comes to fighting infections.
  4. It is good for the heart. The lauric acid present in it, helps to unclog the arteries.
  5. In spite of the fact that coconut milk contains saturated fats, it helps in weight loss too. The fat consists of short chain and medium chain fatty acids as a result the body converts it into energy and does not store the same as fat.
  6. In addition to all of the above, it also aids in digestion and is also used as a laxative.

2 comments:

  1. I love So Delicious Coconut Milk Beverages! I love using the vanilla in smoothies and I use the original flavor in all of my baking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard a lot about the Vita mix machine while I've been studying the raw lifestyle. seems like a good purchase...the coconut milk sounds good too :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers