Aug 9, 2010

bath

I have been dreaming of a bathroom reno for a very long time. Well since we moved in to our house, 2 whole years. Right now we have 3 bathrooms in our house but only one of them is a full bath. I want to knock out the 2 small bathrooms downstairs and make one large beautiful space to soak and pamper myself. Jeremy is not on board yet but I am working on it. I don't bath nearly as often as I want to and it's because I hate being in a tub surrounded by 3 walls. It feels so closed in and not relaxed. I would like a bright, sunny bathroom with a beautiful, big tub and lots of tile everywhere.  I came across this wooden tub online and thought that it looked wonderfully relaxing.
Ever thought of making your own shampoo and conditioner? You can do it with organic ingredients! 
Here are two sample recipes:
Chamomile Shampoo
  • 1 handful fresh or dried chamomile flowers
  • 1 3/4 cup boiling water
  • 3 tablespoons pure soap flake, OR save leftover pieces of soap.
  • 1 tablespoon glycerin
  • 5 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
Place the flowers in a bowl and cover with the boiling water. Let stand for 15 minutes, then strain into the other bowl. Clean the first bowl. Combine the soap and hot infusion in it. Let stand until the soap softens -- a few minutes. Beat in the glycerin and food coloring until well blended. Pour the mixture into the bottle. Keep in a cool dark place.
Fruit Conditioner
  • 1 avocado (peeled and mashed)
  • 1 cup coconut milk
Combine mashed avocado with some coconut milk. Mash together until it's smooth and about as thick as shampoo. Comb it through the hair and let sit for 10-15 minutes, then wash out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers