Aug 4, 2010

family

Jeremy and I just got back from a fantastic vacation in Northern Michigan. We went all the way to the upper Peninsula to see his sweet Grandmother Handrich. She is such an amazing woman. She has got to be the most environmentally conscious 87 year old I know! She saves, reduces, recycles everything! She has a glorious vegetable garden that she tends herself and if that were not enough her flower garden is gorgeous! I learned many things about Grandma this trip as we sat over a cup of tea and chatted about life, loss, God, babies and marriage. As I was watching her cook Sunday's lunch I noticed her pouring the water she had used to steam the vegetables into mugs on the counter. I asked her why she was doing that and she told me that she drinks it after it cools! What a clever idea! She is full of wisdom, grace, humility and beauty. She is another reason (of many) I am so thankful I married into the Bustos/Handrich family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers