Aug 19, 2010

Happiness

There is a buzz surrounding this little book. Gretchen Ruben is the author of this memoir and she spent a year test-driving the wisdom of the ages, the current scientific studies, and the lessons from popular culture about how to be happy.  I wonder if she discovered the secret to happiness that I found? I will have to read it to find out if Jesus is mentioned in the pages.  I am all about finding ways to be happy, especially that do not involve material possessions and fame. Life is about so much more than that. My true happiness comes from the love of my husband and family and from serving others. Being kind to others and putting their needs before your own is truly a key to happiness... There are also other things that make me happy.
  • my dog Hamish
  • my job. Being able to take care of sick people truly is an honor
  • sunflowers, especially fields of them
  • a cup of tea with a good friend
  • my nieces and nephews
  • the ocean
  • fresh baked muffins
  • Sunday afternoon naps
  • being surprised by my husband (he loves to surprise me)
  • little birds who sing outside my window
  • early morning runs 
  • road trips
  • sisters. I am so blessed to have 2 amazing sisters that are also friends

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers