Sep 1, 2010

Water


I don't know about you but somedays I have a really hard time getting my 8 glasses of water in. Even on days when I exercise hard I don't seem to be thirsty. I have found that adding fresh cucumbers or lemons to my water helps me to want to drink more water. I also bought a metal water bottle to take to work so that I could fill it each morning and be more conscious of my water consumption.
  1. Air is not completely clean, the food we eat may have insignificant amounts of toxic, the products that we use on our skin and hair are also toxic. Water removes the dangerous toxins that are added into our body.
  2. Water cushions our body joints.
  3. Water acts as a transport for oxygen and nutrition throughout the cells in the body.
  4. Water helps regulate body temperature.
  5. Water helps prevent blood pressure from dropping to critical levels.
  6. The United States uses about 346,000 million gallons of fresh water every day.
  7. Water encourages bowel movement.
  8. Water helps the normal kidney function from getting impaired.
  9. Water keeps us from getting excessively dry skin.
  10. Water lowers incidence of urinary tract infections.
  11. Water also helps us from experiencing reoccurring headaches.
  12. The average person in the United States uses anywhere from 80-100 gallons of water per day. Flushing the toilet actually takes up the largest amount of this water.
  13. At birth, water accounts for approximately 80 percent of an infant’s body weight.
  14. Hot water stimulates the immune system.
  15. By the time a person feels thirsty, his or her body has lost over 1 percent of its total water amount.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers