Dec 31, 2010

the end

It's hard to believe that today is the last day of 2010. This past year flew by so quickly. Whenever I am in school time seems to evaporate. Something about constant deadlines makes time race by. If I had to pick a theme for 2010 I think it would be "searching". Jeremy and I spent most of 2010 searching for the "right" church. After church hopping for many months we settled on one and are very happy. We both agreed that there is no perfect church and we needed to figure out what we needed most from church right now and find the church that offered that to us. We both felt that strong teaching and relationships was what we needed. I hope that in 2011 we will build on this and develop stronger relationships where we have settled. 
I searched myself in 2010 and asked myself tough questions about who I am and where I want to be in 2020. I am on a career path and it's not enough to go through the motions in class and take it day by day. If you do this all of a sudden you are a month away from graduation and have no idea what you want to do. I needed to set clear goals for my career as a nurse practitioner and I had to put them on paper and focus on them daily. I believe in the power of the spoken word and positive thoughts. You can change you whole life by changing your thoughts. This is so powerful and I truly had this revelation this year. I know that God put the desire within me to learn all I can about nutrition and holistic healing. It's what I am passionate about... I can't get enough of this information. It's exciting when you realize that you are on the right path.  I love my job right now because I get to care for people and connect with people who are hurting but what I hate is how helpless I feel sometimes. I hate that everyday we focus on disease and illness without ever giving thought to true healing. I want to work in a place that empowers people to heal themselves. I believe that the responsibility of doctors and nurses is to assist the body into the optimal place to heal itself... not to pump it full of toxic drugs and hope for a short lived fix. The body has an amazing ability to heal itself when it is fed whole foods and the soul and spirit are nourished.  Sick people need love, support, proper nutrition, supplements, rest and joy. They don't need scalpels, chemotherapy, tube feedings, and Prozac. I am not saying that everything about medicine is wrong. I am saying that the way we treat chronic illness in this culture is wrong. In 2011 I want to be part of a holistic culture of healing. It will start with small steps and will eventually evolve into something amazing.

Like every year there was permanent loss and sadness but there was also new life and joy. We saw family members through difficult struggles and had some skinned knees of our own. Each year has it's trials but the key is to see every challenge and obstacle as a custom-made opportunity to help you learn something about life and about yourself.

Wherever you are today I hope you are remembering 2010 with a smile. What has happened is gone and you have a new year to look forward to. A fresh start and brand new year with endless possibilities.

Goodbye 2010!!! It's been fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers