Jan 9, 2011

Detox your Mind

Do you ever feel like your brain hurts? Like  you can't squeeze anything else into it or it might explode? We live in such a fast paced society that is constantly demanding so much from us. I know sometimes when I am at work I have to go into the bathroom and put my head in my hands and just breathe. I have to try to quiet my mind in there and it's the only place I have to escape to. I am working on getting a "quiet room" in our ICU this year. It will be a place for nurses and family members of patient's who need a place to lay back and relax in peace for even 10 minutes. Sometimes 10 minutes is enough to recharge you for the rest of the afternoon. I will keep you updated this year on the progress of my quiet room.
Here are a few tips on how to detox your mind in 2011
1. A media fast- Try to go a week with no TV and only 10 minutes of internet a day. Cut the internet out all together if you can!
2. Get more sleep- Even just going to bed 10 minutes earlier each night can help
3. Journal- start a stress journal and write about how you feel. Try to figure out what stresses you out and why. You can also explore healthy ways to deal with stress.
4. Avoid gossip. It is so toxic and leads to nothing but hurt and insecurity. (Proverbs 11:13)
5. Be positive- Try a negativity fast. Being positive feels good and will do great things for your mind!
6. Declutter your home and work space. It's stressful to work in a chaotic environment where nothing is organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers