Jun 27, 2011

homeward bound

Today I leave for my island home. It takes me all day to get there but I don't mind. I usually spend my travels reading and making lists of lovely things i want to do on my visit home. Our newest addition to the family, Baby Beau will be taking up much of my time! I grew up on Grand Manan island and lived there 18 years and never went to Machias Seal Island to see the puffins. This trip we are going!! I am so excited to see these amazing creatures in their nesting grounds. I am looking forward to tea with my Mom each morning on her deck, wine on my sisters deck in the evening, beach combing, cooking lobsters with my father, whale watching, seining weir, visiting old familiar places and seeing familiar faces. I also get to see my best friend who is back (with an adorable baby bump) from living in Australia for 18 months!!! What an amazing trip this will be =)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers