Jul 26, 2011

anxiety

We must be very careful about the words we speak. Words carry incredible spiritual power. Death and life are in the power of our words (Proverbs 18:21). Salvation comes when we confess with our mouth and believe in our hearts (Romans 10:9). Whether good or evil, people speak what’s in their hearts. Jesus said it this way, “Whatever is in your heart determines what you say. A good person produces good words from a good heart, and an evil person produces evil words from an evil heart” (Matthew 12:34, 35).
If you want to experience peace, don’t speak evil, doubting words. If you feel an anxious thought coming on, don’t say, “I’m probably going to have another panic attack.” No! Don’t speak those words. Rather, pray something like this, “God, my body feels anxious right now, but you said that you will give me perfect peace when my mind is focused upon you. Right now, Lord, I fix my thoughts upon you. I trust you to bring me through this!”
Those are some very wise words and if you are struggling with anxiety I urge you to try to take control of your thoughts. Prayer TRULY helps. I was in a dreadful season of anxiety a few years ago. It was anxiety that was borderline crippling. It took me years to even be able to talk about it because I was afraid it would send me back into a state of panic just thinking about it. I didn't turn to Xanax or Ativan, I turned to God. The only one true healer. I know that is how I conquered this demon in my life. It can be done, don't give up. 
to learn more go HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers