Dec 24, 2011

Christmas magic


I have vivid memories of opening my advent calender on December 24th.
It was the longest day of the year...
The anticipation was overwhelming as a child.
Going to sleep seemed impossible this night.
The magic of Christmas is so amazing when you are a child.
In my 30's I have discovered  a new magic in Christmas.
It's the wonderful feeling you get when you give of yourself.
I love that I am at the place in my life when I have realized
that all of the commercial chaos in this season is pointless.
Shopping and wrapping and buying... it adds no magic
What is magical is the story of Christmas
The Christ who came in human form to give all life
The ultimate gift and the ultimate sacrifice. 
This is what keeps me awake, wide eyed and teary on Christmas eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers