Feb 13, 2012

V-Day Cookies


Yesterday I made Valentines day cookies with my neices
We had a blast but I ended up with a raging headache from all the sugar. 
I shared my delicious cookies with friends who are now eager for the recipe.
These are the cookies that I have eaten for every holiday my entire life. 
My Mom would make these and we would cut them into bats, hearts, trees... etc
They are SO good and even better a couple of days later. 
I find Betty Crocker vanilla frosting to be the best compliment to them.
This was the perfect opportunity for me to try my squirrel cutters! So cute! 

Mama's holiday cookies
1cup margarine/or butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup butter milk

4-5 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
1 tsp nutmeg- (I add cinnamon too)
I creamed the sugar and butter together first 
then added the flower and added the wet ingredients last
1/2 cup of the flour can be used for rolling out and 
adding more if dough sticks to rolling pin
These cookies work best of you make the dough ahead and chill  overnight

Roll 1/2 inch thick Bake at 350 for 8-10 mins
Cookies will not get brown, except for on the bottom
Be careful not to overcook
Frost when cool and ENJOY =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers